Just want to share some ideas regarding potential improvements of SPSD framework/API.
WE do lots of custom things within custom target which might include:
- search service provision (properties, scopes)
- managed metadata service provision (content type hub)
- user profile service provision (properties)
- site collection operation (search setting adjustment and so on)
- web application adjustments (feature activation so on)
- sandbox solutions provision
Well, "it works well on developer machine", but real production SharePoint env has very different security model and security granularity. Hence, you cannot run one script under one account - you need either adjust security setting for every service
application, or rerun script under different accounts.
So, we are thinking about addigin sort of "security assertions" API. Set of the powershell function which would help us to understand the security access and provide relevant feedback.
So these function would help to make a good if-else flow with a good feedback to the end user/administrators.
Something like "Hey, you have to have access to the user profile service in order to create new properties." instead of "Ujknown exception has been found" :)
I do understand that this is quite a big stuff to be done and implemented as well as tricky to test. But this is just an idea worth to be shared.
Let me know how it sounds to you and if there is anything I may help you with.