Bug in PrintIISStatus

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Edited Sep 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Hi,

I got the error "The RPC server is unavailable" while SPSD was checking status of IIS on remote server. Then PrintIISStatus in SPSD_Deployment.ps1 failed because you check the $statusLine array's 2nd element ($statusLine[1]) without checking if it exists.

Suggested fix:
$statusLine = $_.Split(":")
            
Log -message ($statusLine[0].Trim()+ "...") -type $SPSD.LogTypes.Normal -NoNewline
if ($statusLine.Length -lt 2){
   Log -message ($statusLine[0].Trim()) -type $SPSD.LogTypes.Error -NoIndent
}
elseif($statusLine[1].Contains("Running")){
Keep up the good work - and looking forward to updates! When...? :-)
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Hi Cato,

thanks for reporting in and providing a fix.
You can fork our source directly from https://github.com/rencoreab/SharePoint-Solution-Deployer and submit a pull request if you like.
Make it easier to keep track and also gives you the kudos for the fix :)

As for the update, you will find the most recent source on GitHub.
Currently we focus on a VS Project Template for SPSD, including teambuild and a staging script.

Also we have already uploaded several extensions we made (and use) eg. Site Structure, Taxonomy
Import/Export and several others.
Check out https://github.com/rencoreab/SharePoint-Solution-Deployer/tree/master/SPSD.Script.Extensions and again, please contribute! :)

Cheers

Matt