This project is read-only.

Status on Sitestructures?

May 20, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Hello,
Great framework.

I'm in a need to make a sitestructure on a project, And was curious how fare you extension is? Otherwise I'm gonna make my own.

/Allan
May 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM
The extension is actually ready, I just need to test some bits and publish it, but I was too held up with organizing SP24conf.com the recent months, that I just didn't manage to do it.

Hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

Though it is not hard to do it and I actually encourage you do make your own (hopefully better than mine) and publish it :)
That is the whole reason why I built the extension system to allow others to extend SPSD without waiting for me.
Also this allows me to focus on the core functionality.

Have a look here to see how it works

// Matt
May 21, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Hey Matt,
thanks for your reply.

Could you share the version you have at the moment? I will only use it as inspiration.

/Allan
Aug 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I added the Sitestructure extension to
https://github.com/rencoreab/SharePoint-Solution-Deployer/tree/master/SPSD.Script.Extensions

You can drop it into SPSD and integrate it in your Environment.xml file like in the example on GitHub

It creates SiteCollections (including ContentDBs), Sites and Permissions.
It can use standard site templates but also custom ones from your solution.

The only issue I know off, is that with custom site templates, it sometimes fail when they are deployed at the same run of SPSD when creating the structure.
Possibly it requires to run the extension in a separate PowerShell process to fix this.

Feel free to fork and contribute to the code.